|Chelsea filming in India with CineNirvana|
Los Angeles, CA 90066
+01 (831) 325-7771
University of California, Santa Cruz (Graduate 2003)
Bachelor of Arts – Film and Digital Media
Awarded: Production Concentration. Minor in Sociology.
Grade Point Average: 3.64/4.00
To view samples of narrative evaluations, please click here.
Dale Carnegie Program – Honor Graduate – San Diego, CA (1999)
NY Film Academy – 16mm Film Production – Paris, France (1999)
Glidecam Industries Inc. – Private Session Certification – Plymouth, MA (2005)
Rich Media Institute – Flash 8 Video – Venice, CA (2006)
Rich Media Institute – Advanced After Effects – Venice, CA (2007)
Moviola – Intro to Avid Media Composer – Hollywood, CA (2008)
Moviola – FCP Color Correction & Effects – Hollywood, CA (2008)
Final Cut Pro HD, LiveType, Soundrack, Motion, After Effects, Avid Media Composer, ProPrompter, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop CS2, Illustrator, Dreamweaver MX, Basic HTML, Flash, Squeeze, Online Site Administrator (OSA)
Launch DRTV / 900 Frames, Chief Editor – April 2007 - present
Los Angeles, California ( LaunchDRTV.com / 900frames.tv )
* Create and maintain work flow and organizational systems for post-production
* Responsible for finalizing and printing shows for broadcast
* Works closely with Executive Producers, Producers, and supervises staff & freelance editors.
* Maintains the look and style of post-production for all shows, as well as keeps an eye on the quality of work performed by the post-production team.
* Clients include: Murad: (Acne Complex, Resurgence, IWR), Neutrogena, Beach Body (10 Minute Trainer, Yoga Booty Ballet, ChaLean Extreme), Thane Direct Inc (Steam Styler, H20 Vac, Orbitrek Elite, Rock n' Roll Stepper), Roddan Paolucci Roddan (John Laing Homes, Classic Tents), Wheelchair Foundation…
M2G Media, Freelance Video Editing – September 2006- April 2007
Irvine, California ( m2gmedia.com )
* Editor for broadcast, corporate promotions, legal videos, newsreels, and private clients.
* Clients include: Honda, Nissan, Amgen, Los Angeles Water District (PBS), Suzanne Somers (Menopause Seminar), Randy Gage (Power of Prosperity Program), Therabreath, Body Gym…
Imaginations Ink, Freelance Video Production – July 2004 - present
Orange County, California ( imaginationsink.com )
* Pre-production planning, on-site video shoots and post-production editing.
* Client consultations, script writing, actor blocking, set design and aesthetic direction.
* On-site video shoots encompass all aspects of live production including the roles of camera operator, gaffer, sound tech, and talent direction.
* Editing and formatting of raw footage.
* Work ranges from producing public service announcements to developing systems for large-scale corporate video operations.
CineNirvana, Freelance Video Production – February – May 2004
Delhi, India ( cinenirvana.com )
* Chief Editor- Final Cut Pro, Assistant DP
* Coverage in 6 National and Local Newspapers of documentary works in Jharkhand, India.
* "Hindustan", "Hindustan Times", "Pravhat Khavar", "Dainaik", "Jagaran", "Ranchi Express"
* Guest Lecturer at select Universities in Delhi, India.
* Website & Promo Design, Client Consultant
Sound In Motion, Senior Staff DJ – December 1999 –December 2003
Santa Cruz, CA ( SIMdjs.com )
* DJ and Master Of Ceremonies for nearly 200 weddings, corporate and social events
* Served as music librarian, in charge of researching local and national radio charts, purchasing and distributing music to a staff of 12 DJs.
* Promoted to Senior Staff DJ after two years of employment
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Thailand, Laos, Indonesia (Bali, Jakarta), South Korea, Japan, Australia, England, Scotland, Wales, France, Germany, Canada, Mexico, across the US from Hawaii to New York
Swing (Lindy Hop, Blues), Salsa, Tango, Ballroom
Orangutan Foundation International, The Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International, Assessment and Treatment Services Center (Orange County, CA), Teaching and Augmented Communication for Learning Enhancement Program (Oakland, CA), Earth Trustee Organization, Nepali Women Empowerment Group (N-WEG)
For more information on these projects visit:
RAVING FAN – CLIENT FEEDBACK
- Employing Chelsea was never anything less than a pure pleasure. She came to us as an unlikely candidate armed with the most impressive resume someone her age had ever shown us, and then proceeded to deliver us four years of unfailingly exemplary service. She never once complained about any aspect of her work, no matter how unpleasant, nor anything she was ever asked to do. All work was done in a timely manner and with great care. Her clients continually raved about her personable approach to her work, her desire to please and her commitment to follow through on everything she promised them. And, it should be noted that this job is done in a completely unsupervised work environment.
In short, we can say without hesitation that Chelsea Austin will be a strong asset to any company that has the good fortune of employing her.
- Sincerely, Adrian Cavlan (Owner - Sound In Motion, LLC)
- As a self-starter, Chelsea would always be the first to arrive at the studio and work without break for hours at a time until the daily “hit list” was finished. We could always trust that she would not only excel at the projects she was assigned; she would go above and beyond to come up with very creative and inventive alternative suggestions which made our presentations more dynamic and caught the attention of our clients.
Instantly charming and never phony, her attitude and zest for life added beautifully to her solid professional talents with editing and overall graphic and video production. Her work on our web offerings was concise and eye catching while offering clear informational packaging and resource prompting. I recommend her highly and congratulate anyone lucky enough to have happened upon her for employment. They will be happily rewarded with her talents and if she is part of a team, that team will thrive.
-Harideva (Producer of Goa Gathering of the Tribes)
Demo reel and references available upon request.
To view additional client feedback online, please click here.
Tell a Friend