Los Angeles, California 90066
Eastern Washington University
Graduate 2004 - Deans List
Grade Point Average: 3.78/4.00
- Bachelor of Arts: Political Science. Minors in Sociology and Cultural Anthropology.
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha - National Political Science Honor Society Member, Government Department’s Outstanding Graduating Senior.
Italimo International School – Philosophy, Language, Art – Florence, Italy (2000)
Glidecam Industries Inc – Private Session Certification - Plymouth, MA (2005)
Dale Carnegie Program – Award Winning Graduate - San Diego, CA (2006)
- Final Cut Pro HD, DVD Studio Pro, ProPrompter, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver MX, Online Site Administrator (OSA), Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Glide-cam certified, FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Word / Excel
Rivet Entertainment / Paul Lussier Company September 2006 - present
Director of Research and Development
Marina del Rey, California ( RivetEntertainment.com / PaulLussierCompany.com )
- Development Director and Post Production Supervisor for "Blessed Unrest - The Film" which screened at the Aspen Ideas Festival.
- Script development: Write and pitch story ideas based on research findings and give feedback on creative and factual matters in episodic script drafts. Currently working on a series for HBO.
- Researched and helped draft executive producer Paul Lussier’s speeches on the media’s role in the fight against climate change.
- 2007 UNFCCC Conference on Climate Change in Bali.
- 2006 United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change in Nairobi.
- Created and maintained database of over 10,000 scientific papers and newspaper articles. Delivered concise, written summaries of academic climate studies to executive producer.
- Maintained relationships with a stable of experts and professionals, from Dr. Jim Hansen (NASA) and Dr. Rajendra Pachauri (IPCC) to Ray Anderson (Interface) and Paul Hawken (Natural Capital Institute) for ongoing collaboration on media projects.
- Managed interns – schedule, training, recruiting
- Web and graphic design
Imaginations Ink July 2004 - present
Freelance Video Production
Orange County, California ( imaginationsink.com )
- Pre-production planning, on-site video shoots and post-production editing.
- Client consultations, script writing, actor blocking, set design and aesthetic direction.
- On-site video shoots encompass all aspects of live production including the roles of camera operator, gaffer, sound tech, and talent direction.
- Editing and formatting of raw footage.
- Work ranges from producing public service announcements for multiple non-profit companies to developing systems for large-scale corporate video operations.
M2G Media October 2006 – November 2006
Freelance Video Editing
Irvine, California ( M2GMedia.com )
- Corporate, Promotional and Legal Video Editing
Bunim-Murray Productions October 2006 – October 2006
Production and Crew Assistant - Oxygen Network show entitled The Bad Girls Club
Studio City, California ( Bunim-Murray.com )
- Responsibilities involved basic production and crew assistance including craft service, obtaining legal releases, camera assisting, and other office work.
Geographic Information Systems April 2004 – July 2004
Internship in association with Orangutan Foundation International
Borneo, Indonesia ( Orangutan.org )
- Assisting GIS Project Manager with the creation and formation of the GIS Training Manual for fieldwork in Tanjung Puting National Park.
- Facilitated training of the GIS volunteers on GPS devices, data collection and Indonesian language and culture.
- Responsible for the travel logistics of all volunteers.
- Filmed a documentary highlighting this work which was shown at a World Education Conference in Washington DC.
BBC Documentary April 2004 – July 2004
Video Production Internship - From Orphan to King, Nature, BBC, and PBS
Borneo, Indonesia ( PBS.org/wnet/nature/orphantoking/index.html )
- Worked with Writer/Director Harvey Jones and Directory of Photography Gil Domb.
- On-location production assistant, grip work
Senator Maria Cantwell April 2004 – July 2004
Political Internship - Spokane, Washington ( Cantwell.Senate.gov )
- Administrative work including writing, typing, copying, and filing.
- Attended county seat meetings to take minutes for the Senator.
ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Indonesia (Borneo, Jakarta, Bali), China, Japan, Thailand, Laos, Italy, Switzerland, France, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, across the US from Hawaii to New York
PADI certified advanced open-water diver, snowboarding, wakeboarding, fly-fishing, painting, gardening.
Orangutan Foundation International, The Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International, KIVA, Wheelchair Foundation International, CarbonFund, Assessment and Treatment Services Center (Orange County, CA), Teaching and Augmented Communication for Learning Enhancement Program (Oakland, CA), Earth Trustee Organization, Nepali Women Empowerment Movement Group (N-WEG)
For more information on these projects click here